PLEASE NOTE: The login is under construction. PLEASE DO NOT USE this.
Memorial Society Hours:
Tuesday, Thursday and Friday
10:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
The Memorial Society of Edmonton and District is a non-profit, non-sectarian society of members who encourage simplicity and dignity in final needs preparation. We believe your needs should be respected at a reasonable price for cremation or preparation for burial services. This includes prices for transfer, plot, headstone or other related services.
TO REACH US: Please view the map below. Parking is available in the Mountain Equipment(MEC) Lot just south of the building.
A tough old cowboy counseled his young granddaughter that if she wanted to live a long life, she should sprinkle a pinch of gun powder on her oatmeal every morning. She did so re-ligiously and lived to a ripe old age of 103. She left behind 14 children, 30 grandchildren, 45 great grandchildren, 25 great great grandchildren and a 40 foot hole where the crematorium used to be.
We act as an information repository and a source for information and help. We seek to promote our objectives through education and pre-planning. When you become a member we send you a package of information that gives options and details about:
- arranging a funeral
- planning what you need to do and how to do it
- financing your funeral
- determining what you want done and the information required by government .
- funeral providers available at reduced cost to members
- services provided by funeral providers for a cremation or a burial
- Cemeteries and their services and reduced costs to members
- Tissue donation
- Donating your body to science
- Final needs insurance in general, how this works with membership
- Medical assistance in dying – notes from Ann de Villars QC
Membership is simple and cost conscious. $40 per person one time only (lifetime) no additional costs. The membership is transferrable between Memorial Societies. There is a $10 fee for this since a new membership has to be established.
This and additional information is available without setting up a profile or logging in. Please browse through the site and the areas indicated to the right.